Aqix Ltd has the first, patented fluid technology that accurately recreates the conditions surrounding the mammalian cell membrane.
AQIX® RS-I contains physiological concentrations of all the essential ingredients required to maintain homeostasis at the cell surface level. It is suitable for a variety of cell, and tissue types, across all mammalian species utilized in physiological research and preclinical drug bioassay studies.
It has successfully been utilised in the following animal and human cell and tissue preparations;
|Vascular tissues||Urino-genital tract|
|Gastro-intestinal tract||Skeletal and visceral muscle|
|ES-derived stem cells|
It has also been used as a base solution for carrying human red blood cells and plasma components in ex-vivo studies involving animal and human cadaver organs, e.g., heart, lung, liver, kidney, intestine.
Benefits of storing and transporting cells and tissue in AQIX® RS-I.
- Confidence that tissue samples will arrive in a functionally viable state.
- Confidence that rates of tissue loss will be low.
- More fresh, viable and ‘hard to preserve’ samples can be recovered.
Benefits of perfusing tissues and organs in AQIX® RS-I.
- More accurate replication of clinical responses to drugs.
- Greater precision and standardisation for potency and safety data.
- Drugs can be trialled repeatedly with consistent responses.
- Confidence that any observed effects are due to the drug rather than that caused by the perfusate solution.
- Preparations survive longer in terms of functional viability.
- Preservation of neuronal activity and organ innervation.
- Enzyme activity is maintained.
- Standardization of physiological, biochemical and pharmacological responses.
If you would like to try a sample of AQIX® RS-I or require further information, please contact us. More information about the variety of applications for this patented, fluid technology can viewed by selecting a link below.